Sometimes you just want something quick and simple for dinner but that shouldn’t mean boring. This camembert garlic bread is quick, easy flippin’ amazing too. I mean it’s cheese and bread and garlic so it’s hard to go wrong really.
You could try experimenting with this bread by stuffing different ingredients in the bread such as tomato sauce, chorizo, mozzarella, basil, pesto, bacon, whatever you want really.
- 1 whole camembert
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 loaf of crusty bread
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Remove all the packaging from the camembert and use the outer box as a stencil to cut a circular hole in the centre of the crusty loaf. Do not cut all the way through. Remove just enough bread so the camembert can sit snuggly in the centre of the bread.
- Remove the top rind of the camembert and place the cheese in the hole you just cut into the bread, cut side up.
- With a serrated knife, score the bread several times lengthways and then widthways to achieve a checkerboard effect.
- Add the garlic, butter, rosemary and a pinch of salt to a bowl and microwave for a few seconds to melt the butter. Spread this mixture between the scored lines you just made in the bread.
- Sprinkle the whole thing with a little salt and set on a baking tray. Bake in the lower part of the oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is oozing, the bread is crusty and the garlic is fragrant.
- Rip squares of the buttery garlic bread and dunk them into the gooey cheese. Shake your head in amazement.