Quick and easy to make, super healthy and positively bursting with spicy Indian-style deliciousness, vegan dish number 5 is a winner!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin and coriander each
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- water as needed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 inch root ginger, grated
- 2 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lb. bag of frozen veggies, (I used broccoli and peppers)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- ½ tsp salt and pepper each
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- ½ cup water
- Add the olive oil to a large pan or cooking pot.
- Add the paprika, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garam masala and curry powder. Turn the heat to low and let the spices bloom for a minute. Add a splash of water.
- Raise the heat to medium and add the onion, ginger and garlic and another splash of water. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Put a lid on the pot and let heat through for 5-7 minutes, or until the veggies are hot, stirring frequently.
- Serve in a bowl for a comforting, healthy and simple meal.