An absolutely delicious bake with a hidden layer of jam and a beautiful coconut flavour throughout, what’s not to like?
- 150g Butter
- 150g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 250g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Desiccated Coconut
- 4 tbsp. Milk
- 6 tbsp. Raspberry Jam
For the icing:
- 80g Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp Raspberry Jam
- 2 tsp Water
- 2 tbsp. Desiccated Coconut
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4, and line a 1kg loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract, before adding in the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Fold in the desiccated coconut, and then add the flour and milk a bit at a time.
- Spoon a third of the batter into the loaf tin, before spreading the raspberry jam in a layer on top of the batter. Cover the jam with the remaining cake batter.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, then cover with tin foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Leave the cake to cook on a wire rack, and meanwhile you can prepare the icing.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl and add water until it reaches the right consistency. Then add the raspberry jam until you get the desired shade of pink.
- Once the cake is cool, spread the icing over the top, and then cover with some more coconut.