Here you have a super speedy, easy and more importantly, delicious dip that can be spread on toast, be an accompanyment to a meal, eaten with nachos or provide a lovely filling for pitta breads.
I made my own pitta chips by baking some cut up pitta breads in the oven for a crunchy snack to take on the soft, salty feta and sweet peppers.
- 1 red pepper
- 100g feta cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- balsamic vinegar, a splash
- On the oven hob, blister and burn the skin of the pepper completely. Turn with tongs to avoid burning yourself. Once the skin is completely black, place in a bowl and cover with cling film for 10 minutes to allow to steam.
- Once it is cool enough, scrape the black skin from the pepper. De-seed the pepper and very finely chop.
- Mix the pepper in a bowl with the crumbled feta, seasoning, oregano and a little balsamic vinegar.