More an assembly than a recipe but an amazingly epic sandwich nonetheless. It seemed fitting now I have moved into student digs to post an easy, cheap meal using freezer staples but it still delivers bags of flavour and nutrition too. Plus… fish fingers!
- 1 ciabatta roll
- 4 fish fingers
- 2 sliced gherkins
- A handful of salad leaves
- Tartare sauce or mayonnaise
- Heat the grill to medium-high and grill the fish fingers for 12-15 minutes, turning once. Turn off the grill, remove fish fingers and set aside.
- Gently warm the ciabatta roll in the residual heat from the oven for a few minutes. Cut open the roll which will be crispy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside now. Slather with mayo or tartare sauce then line the fish fingers across the bottom ciabatta half.
- Top with gherkins and crunchy salad leaves and place the top, sauce slathered ciabatta half on top.
- Press down, admire and devour.