Another brilliant meatball recipe! This time it’s succulent turkey flavoured with rich spices that taste like you’ve been slaving in the kitchen for hours. Really simple to make, this is a real treat and a lovely change from regular spaghetti and meatballs (not that there’s anything wrong with those).
- 500g lean turkey mince
- ⅔ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 onion, finely grated
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- A splash of milk
- 1 Tbsp. (6 cloves) garlic
- 2 tsps. each salt, sugar
- 1 tsp. each allspice, coriander, chilli powder, cinnamon, cumin, fennel seeds
- 1 Tbps. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsps. (4 cloves) garlic, grated
- 1 can good quality crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. each black pepper, cinnamon, allspice
- Combine meatball ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- Roll into golf ball size meatballs and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven grill to medium-high and place rack in the centre.
- Grill meatballs 5 minutes.
- Start making the sauce by heating oil in a medium cast iron pan on medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add meatballs. Cover and reduce heat to medium/low.
- Simmer 15 minutes. Serve with fluffy cous cous.