This isn’t really a recipe but is really lovely served as a fresh and vibrant side for any curry. It’s great slathered on poppadoms as a starter or a snack and provides a welcome break from the rich heaviness of many curries.
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 thick slices of cucumber, diced
- Small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- A few mint leaves, chopped
- A pinch of cumin and chilli powder
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste.
Tip: Season with salt when ready to serve as the salt will draw the moisture from the chopped veggies.