Spice up your mid-week with this deliciously fragrant broth packed with soft rice noodles and juicy prawns. Using vibrant curry paste, zesty lime, rich fish sauce and creamy coconut milk you can achieve an authentic taste in minutes with this recipe.
- 2 sheets Thai rice noodles
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Knob of ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 200g large cooked king prawns
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, and sliced
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Dash of fish sauce and soy sauce
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Put the noodles into a bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Leave for 4 minutes until they swell up and turn white.
- Add the oil to a wok over a medium heat. Fry the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds.
- Add the Thai curry paste to the wok with the coconut milk. Heat gently, stirring.
- Add the prawns, spring onions, red chilli, lime zest and juice, fish sauce and soy sauce. Warm through for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the noodles and nestle them in the centre of your dinner bowls. Pour the coconut curry broth around the outside and top with the prawns. Garnish with coriander leaves.