These are so easy to make and you can have a tasty meal ready in minutes from leftovers you have in your fridge and larder.
I normally go for a combo of protein, dairy and vegetable in the filling. Tasty ideas include: Chorizo, black bean and cheddar; shredded chicken, avocado and hummus; feta, spinach and spring onion; bacon, brie and caramelised onion; mozzarella, basil and tomato to name a few.
- Tortillas (1 per person or 2 if hungry)
For the filling:
- Literally whatever you have to hand or fancy (cheddar, chorizo, bacon, feta, spinach, spring onions, black beans, avocado, jalepenos, tomatoes, sweetcorn, sweet potato, sausage, chicken, greens etc)
- In a dry frying pan over a medium heat, gently warm a tortilla for a few seconds. Add your chosen fillings to one half then fold the other half on top to create a semi-circle. Continue heating the tortilla for a couple of minutes, applying gentle pressure with a spatula, until it begins to crisp and brown slightly. Gently flip and repeat for the other side until the contents are warm and the cheese (if using) is melting.
- If making a large portion, spread the filling over the whole tortilla, place another tortilla on top and follow the same process of crisping and browning both sides.
- Remove from the pan, cut into wedges and serve.