I love coconut and I love peanut butter so why not smoosh them together into an awesome creation of tasty, sweet, chewy, nutty, rich goodness? There is no reasoning. It needs to be done.
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 5 1/2 cups sweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp almond)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C and line cookie sheets with parchment paper. This is a must!
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Pour mixture over coconut and use your hands to combine.
- Spoon balls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the coconut is toasted.
- For the drizzle, chop the dark chocolate into a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted, stirring in between. Using a fork, drizzle the macaroons with the chocolate. Let chocolate set or speed it up by placing in the fridge for a couple of minutes.
I love these served at room temperature. They are the perfect pick me up with a cup of coffee.