With a crisp buttery base and a squidgy, sweet coconut topping, these chewy bars are so easy to make but taste heavenly.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- Beat the butter, sugar and salt for the crust together. Add the flour and mix to combine.
Sprinkle the dough into the bottom of a foil lined and greased 9×13″ tin and press down evenly. Bake at 170C for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together. Add the flour, baking powder and salt, whisk to combine. Stir in the coconut. Spread the mixture evenly over the crust. Bake until lightly browned around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the tin before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container.