This is one of the easiest, most straight forward and quick recipes to whip up but it results in incredible buttery, crunchy, oat goodness!
- 100 grams self-raising flour
- 100 grams porridge oats
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 100 grams butter or margarine
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Heat the oven to 180C. Grease large baking trays with butter or margarine.
- Mix flour, oats, salt and bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl put to one side.
- Put margarine or butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan and heat on a low heat until butter and sugar are melted, stir occasionally, take off heat and stir in the oat mix and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop dessertspoons of mixture up and make into ball shapes and place on a greased baking tray when the tray is full slightly flatten the balls out with the back of the dessert spoon.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. When ready remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving onto a wire rack.
- Repeat and do the same until all the mixture has been used up. Serve with a cuppa and any remaining biscuits can be kept in an airtight tin for about a week (if they last that long).