Fancy a change from poppadoms? These curry crackers are really easy to make, lightly flavoured with spice and fresh coriander and then baked making them crisp… and healthy!
- 2oz plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl then add the curry powder and chilli powder. Make a well in the centre and add the chopped coriander and water. Gradually incorporate the flour and mix to a firm dough.
- Turn the dough on to a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth then leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 12 evenly sized pieces and knead into small balls. Roll each ball out very thinly to a 10cm/4in round, sprinkling more flour over the dough as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Arrange the rounds on two ungreased baking trays then bake for 15 minutes turning over once during cooking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.