I love this kind of recipe because I always have half empty jars from previous baking ventures that need using and granola is a great way to use them and create a tasty breakfast for the week in the process.
- 4 tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- A handful roughly chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150C. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and honey and pop in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds until the peanut butter and honey have all melted. Stir together and then add in the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Add in the oats (and peanuts if using) and stir until all the oats are coated with the mixture.
- Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. It may take more or less time for yours to turn a golden brown. It will still look soft when you take it out but it’s ok – it hardens up as it cools.
- Store in mason jars or any airtight container.
This would make cute gifts portioned up into little bags too!